Had another midwife appointment today — my first “post due date” appointment. I was hoping for some good news but after doing an internal exam she found that I am O cm dilated and my cervix is still way at the back. No signs of Lyric coming anytime soon on her own.
I was disappointed because I was having contractions last night that made me think maybe she was on her way. They were pretty far apart and didn’t last long but they hurt like PMS cramps and it felt promising. I even swept my living room thinking maybe the midwife would be coming over. Lyric was also doing her painful head-burrowing maneuver into my pelvis that hurt so bad I actually yelped. But alas, it is all trickery.
As anyone reading this can tell, I’m not in a good mood. I really wanted to steer as clear of medical intervention as possible but I also have a phobia/fear of post-term babies. Monday will be 10 days past my due date and I am scheduled for an induction at 7 am (or some time around then). We are going in for an Non Stress Test tomorrow morning to make sure she is doing ok and has enough fluid and is moving enough and reacting enough. The induction method we are using is the insertion of Cervadil (Prostaglandins) so it is less intense than if I was on a Pitocin drip. So I guess there’s that bright side since I’m not too fond of the idea of being hooked up to Pitocin and the type of contractions that causes.
So that’s that. Maybe she’ll come on her own but I’m really not counting on it. I’ve tried all the natural remedies/techniques I am able to and nothing is working. (btw, if another person tells me to have sex I’m going to explode. I am in way too much pain for that and way too frustrated and if it was an option, I would have done it already). So now we wait some more.