Lyric was 5 weeks old yesterday. I am having a heck of a time finding an opportunity to blog so I’m going to point-form this while she is passed out milk-drunk on my lap:
– she is wonderful! I love her so much.
– she smiles and laughs. her laughs don’t have sound yet so she looks like a silent film star trying to convince you that she is actually laughing. It’s freaking adorable!
– she’s a big girl! She was weighed last monday and was 10lbs 13oz and had gained over an ounce a day that week so I’m assuming she’s about 11 1/2 now. She’s grown out of all of her newborn size clothes and is almost too big for some of her 0-3 month clothes!
– she’s been to 3 parties and 2 Wiccan rituals. Not bad for 5 weeks!
– she is a breastfeeding champ. we haven’t really had any issues. I had a plugged duct but I’ve managed to work through it by feeding on that side. Also, my milk seems a little low in the evenings but I just keep working at it
– she sleeps with us. She will continue to do so for quite a while.
– she is fussy between 5-9. There isn’t much that will console her. We have to carry her around and bounce here. Generally I just head up to bed at around 7 or 8 and lie down to feed her (the awesomeness of co-sleeping!) and watch tv or read.
– she was sleeping 3-5 hours through at night but is now waking up every 2 hours or so.
anyhoo…. James just handed me my dinner and I have to eat it while I can!