1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Absolutely! We tried for about 15 months.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yup, we had celebrated our first anniversary about 6 weeks before I got pregnant.
3. WHAT WERE THE REACTIONS? It was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I cried in the doctors office and the nurse wasn’t sure whether she should congratulate me or comfort me.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Absolutely not! I wanted her so badly.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? We’re pretty sure I got pregnant on my 29th birthday.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I ovulated late (I was charting) so I waited 14 days after and took a test. It was faint so I took another one the next morning. It was faint as well so I went to the clinic to take a test as soon as they opened. Sitting in the waiting room was the most anxious I have ever felt in my life
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? I told James there was a faint line but it just seemed to good to be true! He was at work when I went to the clinic so I texted my best friend who was 6 months pregnant at the time. It was so awesome to share that with her. Then I called my mum.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Absolutely! I have 2 step-sons so I wanted to know if I was going to have another boy!
9. DUE DATE? May 1 2001
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yup. Not a lot of actual vomiting though. I was just ALWAYS on the verge of it. I kept trying to make myself puke to feel some relief but it wouldn’t work
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Kit Kats and Skor Blizzards
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Mostly the “you’ll see” comments. And strangers trying to touch me.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX? a girl!
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No way! I was terrified it would be a boy and I would be disappointed.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? over 40! But I only have 7lbs left to go!
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? heck yeah. I opened presents for 3 hours straight.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew. I helped my mum and MIL plan it
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? no real complications. I hated being pregnant though, which I felt horrible about because I had wanted it so badly. I went on sick leave from work though because my swelling was so bad and I couldn’t be on my feet for 8 hours.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Nanaimo Regional General Hospital, BC, Canada
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? about 18
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? James
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? James and the OR staff
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? a Supernatural Ceasarean Birth
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yup, I was induced with Cervadil and Pitocin so the contractions were intense the whole labour. I had and Epidural after about 10 hours or so and then a spinal block before my surgery.
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 9lb 6oz
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? May 11, 2010 6:41am
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Lyric Sinead Maggie O’Callaghan
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 5 months today!